Friday, January 31, 2014

Bon Courage 6 Joyeux Noel!!!! December 23, 2013

Its Christmas Eve Eve!! #EloiseatChristmastime
Its a festivus for the rest of us!! (they are really infringing on my rights to celebrate new holidays here. my own personal H&H.)

It is my last P Day here at the MTC! This time next week I'll be on a plane to Trinidad, WHATTTT!!!  Its really happening and I'm STOKED!! Remember that time when I was like 5 and I got my first bike and there is that sweet jumping up and down pic? That is how excited I am right now and maybe more!!

      I'm so grateful for the experience I have had at the MTC, you really can't compare it to anything else. I am so grateful that I have been able to be here and learn what the Lord would have me learn here. I've been thinking all week about what I want to say in this last MTC email, and it is pretty much impossible to saturate all the knowledge I've gained in these last 6 weeks into one email. It is amazing to see how much you learn in the classroom, during your personal study time, at the Devotionals, and in your personal experiences with the Lord. However, I think the lesson that is most evidenced in  my notebook, journal and scriptures is Listen to the Spirit. Everything kind of builds off of that. Obedience, how to teach, repentance, having a good attitude, being humble, everything, all of that can happen if you rely on the Lord.
      I think as I go into the mission my goal is to work as hard as I can to be worthy to have the spirit with me at all times so I can find those I need to teach. There are dozens of stories I've learned about from my teachers that remind us that if we follow the Spirit we can be in the right place at the right time. There are people that the Lord has prepared for me to teach I want to do everything I can in order to be there for them. Our lessons go astonishingly better when I decide to speak less and let the Spirit speak more. I am so excited to try to be an instrument in the Lord's hands-something I learned from an old Elder Holland talk- this is His work, we have to do it His way.
       I have a testimony that the Lord answers prayers. He knows us so personally and if we ask for help loving someone, or if we ask for humility, charity, or just help, (all of these things seem to be very prevalent in my prayers lately haha) He knows what we need and will help us get there. "He knows our needs, to our weakness is no stranger" (That song has been going through my head all week! luuurrve it)
        I cannot wait to share this gospel with my amis in the West Indies. It is so true and will bless so many lives, just as it has blessed our family. Families will be eternal because we share the gospel, it is so important!! I am so grateful for the testimony I have gained before the MTC and for the strength I have gained here. I am so grateful for the clarity the Book of Mormon brings and that we have it today. Its so weird I actually get so excited to have personal study time each day so I can read the Book of Mormon, its just so good! Haha I'm already getting weird and its only been one transfer. Anyway, I'm just so grateful I have the opportunity to serve and learn what the Lord needs me to know. I feel so lucky and blessed to be here this Christmas and to be in the indies in one week.

I love our family so very much and I am so grateful to be here. Bonne Chance, Bon Courage, je vous aime.
soeur abs
     
     

No comments:

Post a Comment