Monday, February 10, 2014

Bon Courage 13! February 10th, 2014



The thing making this week so weird was transfer calls. I was expecting to just continue being with sister Hawkes and finish my training, but I will actually be training a new sister this transfer so that is a little terrifying. I was really really stressed about it and finally just before I was going to sleep the other night, after I had said my prayers and everything, I was laying there thinking of all the things that could go wrong and all the people who could be dropped if I couldn't understand what they were saying or I just messed up as a teacher, and all of a sudden I felt this strong impression "Trust in the Lord." It was almost like a rebuke, no one is going to be converted, or read the book of mormon, or stop smoking because of me. In the same way, if I am doing my best the Lord isn't going to let His children be lost because my french isn't very good or because I am not the best missionary yet. So thats the goal for this next transfer when I am training sister Tenney. Trust in the Lord, let the Spirit guide.

Last night we had a little bit of a miracle that shows the power of the Book of Mormon. We were porte a porting (tracking) and we both felt this strong impression to visit a less active. On the way to her house I stopped in front of this other house and asked "have you contacted them before" Sister hawkes said "ya but I think we should do it again" we contacted them and the man living there had actually met with the missionaries a lot and been to church 10 years ago in Haiti. We read Moroni's promise with him and he was like astonished by it. It was awesome. He committed to read every day before our next appointment. He is really golden. Also Last night we visited D. We have really been focusing on setting a baptismal date with him, but last night we decided just to read the Book of Mormon with him and help him feel the spirit. At the end of the lesson he finally set a baptismal date!! This book is really the most powerful book on earth and I love it!! I never thought I would look forward to having an hour to study the book of mormon every day but I absolutely love that part of the day! It just makes me so happy!

The best part is its all true!!
wish me luck this transfer, it is going to be wild.
I LOVE YOU!!
abs

No comments:

Post a Comment